Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Revision Process

Generally speaking I do not have a very organized writing process. Usually, I first research my topic, then I decide what my focus will be. After that I begin writing my opening paragraph; that is usually the point in which I develop my thesis statement. The rest of the paper usually flows on from there. I try to make enough time during the writing process to take a few days rest from the paper. I feel that this assists me in getting a fresh outlook on the writing I have already done, and helps me to see different angles for what I still need to write.
    I do usually try and make time for revising, however this is my first college course which the teacher gives extensive feedback and allows for further revision to the paper and allows for a second grade. I truly appreciate constructive criticism and I think it will help develop me into a better writer. The information provided on this weeks assignment gave some very helpful information that I hope to incorporate into the revisions I will be making on my recent analysis of a poem entitled “Dread”.
    After reading the comments of my first draft, I realize that I need to work on the organization of my paragraphs and being sure that there is a clear topic to each paragraph. I also need to be sure that I follow proper MLA formatting. I will take several precautions while I work to make my paper suitable for submission as a final draft.
    Revising can be a very useful technique when working to make a paper presentable as college paper. It can allow one to take a second look at the work they have already done and conform it into a perfectly structured paper. During the revision it is more important to look at the whole structure and not just the grammatical errors in the paper. One should look at the structure of the paper as a whole and revise the organization accordingly.

For more information on revising visit: http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~wricntr/documents/Revising.html

Image: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEidouy67ZQWEjYl2RR65wLUM7ao2D9Kf0Htt8VKaPnbKpTs4D1uTPzx5VTjw4Lk7OxeKDZPcTT5cyZ0sO65OZnK5fdcBcvkRC9GoK1WFnqfuDhTFxxXxLEyE-2cHGuodA3RQEYLOXNcSIDU/s1600/writing-girl1.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment